2004 - 2012
We Started From A Garage
- Loaves n Fishes as it was then called was started in 2004 from a garage with the aim of helping those that had been affected by domestic violence. Many victims have had to flee their homes, taking nothing with them. So the charity was set up to provide emergency items, to help re-home these individuals and families, that often times, had nothing.
- Our motivation is to demonstrate Christ’s Compassion to these individuals and families through the provision of household items , food and clothing to help them re-start their lives afresh.
2013 - 2018
Our Move To Blackheath
- Loaves n Fishes moved from Waterfall Lane in Cradley Heath to a warehouse in Vicarage Road, Blackheath
- Occupying three buildings, including a small Charity Store called “Twelve Baskets”, the Charity was able to grow in capacity, which enabled it to help more people in need.
2016 - 2019
Helping People Find Employment
- Loaves n Fishes had always wanted to do more to help its service users, so, in 2016, we were successful in employing a Volunteers Manager.
- The aim of this role was to help people that were unemployed to go through a program of work-experience and employability skills, giving them the skills, knowledge, confidence and experience to move into employment.
- Over this period we were able to help over 600 individual people to gain experience, with the vast majority of our users being referred to us from Job Centres.
2018 - 2021
The Move to Dudley High Street
- Working out of three buildings had its challenges, so we saw the opportunity to consolidate all our assests and services into one building.
- In December 2018, we took the giant leap to rehome ourselves into what was Blunts Shoes, on the corner of the High Street in Dudley.
- We renamed the building “Provision House” and subsequently renamed the Charity with the same name. We now operate all our Charity services, as well as our Charity Store from this one building (80-81 Hight Street, Dudley, DY1 1PY)
Expanding Our Services
As our services have grown and expanded over time, we have now re-branded to encapsulate all that we do. We are now called Provision House, because we now provide the services of:
- Provision of items to those experiencing hardship
- Food Club
- Training and Work-Placements
- Progession into Employment
- Charity Store called “Provision Emporium”